As we continue to offer our many and varied programs and services, I’d like you to know how much I appreciate the support that you, our patrons, continue to give us. Please note the information below on our upcoming budget vote and trustee election.
If you haven’t heard about our new auto-renewal service, please check our web-site or call the library to see how to opt in to this new feature. It is a real convenience to have your eligible items automatically renewed for you!
This year, our Annual Budget Vote will take place on Tuesday, April 4, 2017 from 10:00 am – 9:00 pm. To view the budget information, click on the Budget Image located immediately left, or HERE. There is also an election to fill a five year term on the Board of Trustees. Eligible candidates must submit a petition with at least 25 signatures to the school district clerk by Monday, March 6, 2017, 3:00 pm. Petitions are available at the district clerk’s office at 50 Tower Street, Huntington Station. (631-673-2126).
Please join us for our Budget Presentation and Meet the Candidates Night on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 5:30 pm in the Main Meeting Room. Candidate profiles will be provided when they are available.
For more information, or if you have any questions or concerns about the library, please feel free to contact me at any time by phone (631) 427-5165 x 206 or by email at .
Wishing you all a warm and wonderful spring!
– Joanne Adam, Library Director
March 2nd is "Read Across America Day" in honor of Dr. Suess's birthday! Come celebrate all day in either building on Thursday, March 2, 2017 for some fun Dr. Seuss inspired crafts and check out a few books to take home and read with your family.
- Check out or download a copy of Dead Wake from the Huntington Public Library collection; CD books and Large Print versions are available. Please ask one of our librarians to assist you in locating or downloading a copy.
- Attend the free, ticketed, author event at the Hillwood Recital Hall on the C.W. Post Campus on Sunday, April 23 at 2:00 PM where Eric Larson will read from his work, talk about the process of writing Dead Wake and answer questions. Information about free tickets for the event may be found after March 15 at longislandreads.org. Tickets are required for entry to the event and seating will be first come, first seated.
- Participate in a local book discussion of Dead Wake at the Huntington Public Library on Wednesday, April 19 at either 2:00 PM or 7:00 PM in our Main Meeting Room. The discussions are open to all. Please register using code HMA397.
- Join us for a screening of the National Geographic documentary The Last Voyage of the Lusitania on Thursday, March 30 at 7:00 PM in our Main Auditorium. Martin Sheen narrates this 60 minute film which includes commentary from famed maritime explorer Dr. Robert Ballard as well as interviews with survivors of the tragic voyage. All are welcome. Please register for HMA669.